Contribute to Breaking Glass
We get lots of enquiries from people asking how they can become a contributor for Breaking Glass. There are a number of ways you can do this and we thought it might be helpful to put all the details in one place.
A few things to mention:
– Breaking Glass is not a profit-making publication; we can’t pay for contributions nor do we charge for submissions as some sites do.
– Copyright remains with the photographer or writer; by submitting your photos or writing, you grant us permission to include them on the website and our social media with credit; if you ever want us to take your work off the website you can just let us know.
– Please get in touch to discuss before sending completed content. The best way to do this is by email to email@example.com
– Please do look at the website before making contact to see if your content fits with ours.
We’re happy to showcase photographers. If you’d like an introductory feature, get in touch. We generally include 8-12 of your favourite photos with some info about you, your images and any projects you’re working on.
The Vinyl Countdown:
We’ve all got playlists of our favourite songs, mixtapes if we’re talking old school. If you’re interested in sharing your very own version of Desert Island Discs, choose any 10 tracks and include a sentence or two about each. Tell us why they’re on your list, do they make you laugh, cry, dance on the kitchen table?
New Music Reviews:
We have loads of music submitted for review – if you’d like to write about some of it, have a look at the kind of stuff we cover to see if this might be for you. We’re looking to write about things we like, there’s enough negativity online and it‘s not what we’re here for.
– From time to time we run features and galleries with different themes and have year end galleries for live music shots and general photography; these are always promoted on our socials.
– If you have a particular subject you’d like to write about or a specific photography project you’d like to share and think it’s a good fit, drop us an email to discuss. We’re interested in music (with most of our focus on newer or emerging artists), all genres of photography, and associated exhibitions, films and books.
Things to include:
– Photos should be sent as jpg files please – portrait / landscape / square / colour / black & white are all fine, any style, you can send with or without watermark.
– Please ensure there is no offensive content and that you have permission to share images of people not taken in a public place or including minors.
– Include your name, how you would like to be credited and links you would like us to include to your work, e.g. website / socials.
Any questions just ask and thanks for your interest!
Photos © 16 Beasley St Photography
25th January 2022